Conduit Orlando, How to Steal Like an Artist and Passion Pit


dedicate a space, even a small desk, for  working on nothing other than your art, whatever medium that may be.  guard against other parts of your life invading that dedicated space…  then, make yourself sit down.
makoto fujimura

My friend, Shannon, is starting a non-profit art organization in Orlando, Florida called Conduit.  I'm very excited to be supporting it's upstart while I'm away at school and can't wait to be a part of it when I'm back in Florida.  If you are unfamiliar with Orlando, it's art scene has been small and stagnant for many years- overridden by the tourism of the Disney monster and other theme parks.  For many artists residing in Orlando, it's a place we love and a place we loathe.  There are several great things happening there in the artist community, and now we are looking to expand it to the overall community.  If you are interested in supporting the organization, donations can be made here and click on this image:
help us make this idea a reality. click above and help us exceed our goal.
(video coming soon: be sure to check back, it will make your life better.)





How To Steal Like An Artist (And 9 Other Things Nobody Told Me) by Austin Kleon
I like #9. Be Boring. (it’s the only way to get work done.)
“Be regular and orderly in your life, so that you may be violent and original in your work.” -Gustave Flaubert 
How To Steal Like An Artist (And 9 Other Things Nobody Told Me) by Austin Kleon

I saw this on Kristine Joy Mallari's blog, and like her, I also like #9 (Be boring).



If you don't already know, I love Passion Pit.  I also happen to like their music videos.

No comments:

Post a Comment